English Literature A-level KIN at Invictus Sixth Form
Choose this course if you have a passion for literature and love reading! We study a range of novels, plays and poems from a variety of time periods. Successful A Level English Literature students are critical thinkers who enjoy discussing the themes and issues of literary texts. We spend a lot of time sharing ideas after reading, engaging with the perspective of the author as well as the context of the time. Choose this course if you are interested in interpreting the methods and motives of writers then writing analytical essays to demonstrate your skills. This is a course for thinkers and readers who love talking about literature.
Our themes are ‘Love Through The Ages and ‘Modern Times’.
Our texts include:
• William Shakespeare’s Othello
• Thomas Hardy’s Tess of the D’Urbervilles
• Kate Chopin’s The Awakening
• A range of love poetry
• Owen Sheers’ Skirrid Hill
• Tennessee Williams’ A Streetcar Named Desire
• Richard Yates’ Revolutionary Road
Entry requirements: At least a Grade 6 in GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature
There is no AS entry, only a Year 12 mock exam. All students sit the full A Level: 80% examination and 20% coursework essay.
• AS/A Level English Literature is a respected academic subject which is recognised by all universities. It also compliments subjects such as History, Media Studies, Psychology and Philosophy.
• The skills you will develop in studying AS/A Level English Literature will prepare you for careers ranging from law to journalism to teaching, as well as any job where the ability to communicate and use language effectively is important. That’s every job!
Miss Carly Felton - English Learning School Leader
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.