Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Sport at Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre
The course consists of thirteen units, nine mandatory core units that everyone takes and four optional units.
Mandatory core units
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport.
- The physiology of Fitness.
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness training & Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise.
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology of Sports Performance
- Technical & Tactical Skills Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Injuries
- Research Investigation in Sport & Exercise Sciences
- Laboratory & Experimental Methods in Sport & Exercise Sciences
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Team Sports
- Practical Individual Sports
- Sport & Exercise Massage
- Current Issues in Sport
- Rules Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
- Work Experience in Sport
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Sports Facilities & Operational Management
- Profiling Sports Performance
At Carr Hill 11-18 High School we offer students the chance to complete the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National qualification called. The Subsidiary Diploma in Sport is equivalent to one A-Level at grades A* to C. The course is very demanding. A good understanding of the theory of P.E. is more important than your practical ability. Consequently your academic ability and not your physical ability will determine your overall grade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.