Hi-Tech Electronic Engineering - Level 2 at South Devon College
This intermediate apprenticeship in Hi-Tech Electronic Engineering is a one year course which will require you to attend College one day per week, whilst being engaged with an employer for the remaining four days of the week. You will need to be fully employed with an organisation whose core work involves electronics and/or optical electronics to ensure that you acquire the necessary skills and experience. In this trade, you can expect to be involved in the assembly of electronic components such as PCB boards, as well as conducting mandatory testing on manufacturered components and assemblies.
What will I learn?
- Engineering environment awareness
- Engineering techniques
- Engineering principles
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Electrical and electronic systems and devices
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
- Forming and assembling electrical cable enclosures and support services
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.