Maintenance Operations Intermediate Apprenticeship at Harlow College
Maintenance operatives develop broad construction skills that can be used world-wide. In the UK, efficient and qualified maintenance operatives will typically earn between £100 - £120 per day.
This level 2 intermediate apprenticeship will enable you to develop skills across several construction craft areas and will enable you to experience a diverse range of activities both on and off the job. These will include bricklaying, carpentry, plastering, tiling, painting and plumbing.
Upon successful completion of your framework you will gain the opportunity to further develop your skills within one craft area on another apprenticeship, or to work as a multi skilled operative within the construction industry.
This course consists of day or block release college based practical workshop training which is designed to develop your practical skills. This will be supplemented by related knowledge assignments, coursework and tests to develop your understanding and related knowledge.
On the job training and experience that will develop your practical skills and related knowledge of working procedures within a construction maintenance operation.
- You must be suitably employed with access to construction maintenance activities within your job role
- You must have a contract of employment
- 2 GCSEs at grade D & 2 GCSEs at grade E
- Have a good positive attitude to learning
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Willing to work outside in all weathers
- Good head for heights
- Good communication skills
- You must be at least 16 years of age with no upper age limit
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.