History at Garrison at Felixstowe Academy
Employers and academic institutes value history as an important subject. Analysing evidence, showing understanding of large bodies of information and being able to recognise differing perspectives are all life skills. Careers involving the law, management as well as more obvious jobs involving museum work and research put a priority on history as a qualification. Students who have studied history in recent years have often obtained very high grades.
AS period study
- 1.5 Hour written paper - 2 essay questions
- Foreign and imperial policies 1856-1914
- 1.5 hour written paper - 2 document based questions
- The unification of italy 1815-70
- Set topic coursework 2000 words.
- Bismarck and german unification 1815-71
- Student choice coursework essay 2000 words
- 2 hour written paper 2 essays
- The changing nature of warfare 1792-1945
Minimum of GCSE C and above in english and one humanities subject and a high A2L grade in hisotry, showing a positive attitude is expected. You do not have to have studied history at GCSE.
- Document studies (25%) - Examined June year 12
- British History (25%) - Examined June year 2012
- All examined June year 13
- Themes (30%)
- Interpretation (10%)
- Investigation topic (10%)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Felixstowe Academy directly.