Travel and Tourism Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
As part of your course you will enjoy many UK visits that will enhance your learning experience. We also offer you the opportunity to take part in a training day at Virgin Atlantic and British Airways. Through practical demonstration and hands-on experience you will gain an insight into the world of air cabin crew safety training. We are one of only five colleges across the country that are invited to be part of this scheme.
The travel and tourism industry is an exciting and popular sector. We have specialist tutors who have strong links within the industry, which enables students to gain the experience and knowledge they need. This course has been designed to develop the vocational skills which are needed for a career in the travel and tourism sector.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Overseas Holiday Representatives
- Introduction to Cruise Operators
- Dealing with Passengers Onboard an Aircraft
- Making Passenger Announcements Onboard an Aircraft
You will normally need to have at least one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above (to include maths and English) or the successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Assessment is continuous throughout the programme through assignments, projects and observations.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- Level 3 Subsidiary/Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Level 2 Diploma in Business
Employment options may include:
- Overseas Holiday Representative
- Travel Agency
- Hotel and Hospitality Administrator
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.