French A level at Harris Academy Bermondsey
A level French helps students develop confident, effective communication skills in French and a thorough understanding of the culture of countries and communities where French is spoken. It develops an interest in, and enthusiasm for, language learning and encourages students to consider their study of the language in a broader context.
The course covers the topics of media, healthy living, popular culture, family relationships, environment, multicultural society, contemporary issues and a cultural topic specific to France.
- 5 A*-B grades at full course GCSE subjects in addition to a minimum of '6' in both English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of B grades at GCSE in the subjects you are wishing to study at A level
- 3 A*-C grades at full course GCSE subjects in addition to a minimum of '6' in both English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of B grades at GCSE in the subjects you are wishing to study at A Level
- 3 A*-C grades at full course GCSE in addition to a minimum of '5' in English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of a B grade GCSE in the subject you are wishing to study at A Level
Languages are an invaluable skill to have, being able to speak a language can increase your salary up to 20%!
Language skills give you a head start on other potential employees, as by speaking another language you're vital to any company who does international business. This course enables students to develop and build on the skills acquired at GCSE, while enhancing employment prospects and the opportunity to study French further at University.
This course can also facilitate foreign travel and provide an insight into another culture and society. Also, a language is a requirement for many courses at university - so it is time to think about which university you may want to go to in the future.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harris Academy Bermondsey directly.