Art and Design - Photography BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Hull College Group
This is a practical based course covering a wide range of photographic practice. Practice and theory are integrated throughout the two year course helping students understand the contexts of theory and art practice.
Students will be assisted with their own personal development through group and individual tutorials.
Students will undertake inductions into the specialist facilities in the studio suite. Each student has an Individual Learning Plan tailored to their qualifications on entry and individual needs.
- Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Specialist Studio
- Specialist Location
- Experimental imagery
- Computers in Art & Design
All students will partake in all of the elements of the Study Programme which include:
- Vocational Studies
- English and Maths*
- Additional learning goals
- Individual learner reviews
- Work experience
- Directed Personal Study
Additional vocational work will be set for students to work on in studio’s as Directed Personal study, outside of the above timetabled sessions. Hours per week for this Study programme are between 16hrs and 30hrs.
Each student has an Individual Study programme package dependant on previous qualification achievements
* Dependant on previous qualifications, Maths and English are mandatory requirements for all students who have not achieved Grade C or above in GCSE
- 3 GCSEs at Grade C or above, English and Maths requirements discussed at interview.
- A portfolio of Photography/Design work, including evidence of painting, drawing, mixed media and supporting written work
Advice on materials will be given at interview. A studio fee will be payable during induction week. Students accepted on this programme should own a digital camera (SLR)
The course gives students the experience and skills required to progress to Higher Education, employment or a creative apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.