Bench Joinery/Site Carpentry Level 1 at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This one year course is designed to provide you with a basic knowledge and understanding of carpentry and joinery and allow you to develop a range of related skills
What will I study?
- Exploring timber technology
- How to sharpen and use a range of hand tools
- Introduction to wood machinery and power tools
- You will use these skills to build a traditional wooden window from scratch
- Health and safety procedures
- Work experience and also meet key employers in the trade.
- If you have not achieved at Level2 in both English and maths you will also study Functional skills or GCSE qualifications in English and maths within your course.
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no formal entry requirements though you need to have a genuine interest in the area and a practical aptitude for the subject
- You will need to undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Regular assessment by a range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- Bench Joinery Level 2
- Site Carpentry Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Construction Worker
- Kitchen Fitter
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre on main site
- You will be taught by industry professionals
- You will develop other skills such as employability and teamwork
- You will be provided with work placements wherever possible
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenge
- You will be encouraged to take part in enrichment activities such as golf, football and other activities
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.