Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies at The Sixth Form at Cornwallis Academy
As an applied general study, the Diploma in financial studies (DipFs) explores, in depth, the key concepts of financial capability and how they applied to achieve longer-term financial sustainability. It develops and extends the knowledge and skills required for young people to make informed financial decisions through understanding the risks and challenges involved in personal finance and the importance of effective planning. Through developing core skills of critical analysis and evaluation, and written communication, DipFs provides strong foundations for further study in business and finance- related careers.
Key content areas
· Importance of financial capability
· Financial services and products, including sources of advice and help
· Borrowing, budgeting, financial planning and cash flow
· The impact on external influences that lead to change
· Maintaining financial sustainability and avoiding long term debt
· The financial services system and financial sustainability and;
· Marketing techniques
Certificate in Financial Studies - this must have been passed to continue study on to the Diploma of financial studies
Key skills developed
· Analyse financial data and information, financial service products and make judgments about suitability for people in different circumstances.
· Understand the concepts of financial sustainability and ethics
· Analyse and evaluate and reflect
· Demonstrate numeracy skills, including the ability to manipulate financial and other numerical data;
· Use appropriate data and information to make arguments;
· Structure and communicate ideas logically and coherently; and
· Learn independently.
The financially related content of this qualification serves a strong grounding for undergraduate study within the finance sector and business related disciplines, with many students going on to study accounting, business, finance and banking. This qualification carries up to 140 UCAS POINTS
CONTACT E-MAIL: Laura.email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.