Dance A level at Havering Sixth Form College
Dance examines the different styles and techniques used in the creation of professional work. The course aims to develop your skills in performance, choreography and analysis through a combination of both theory and practice. Throughout the course you will develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of Dance in a variety of different genres.
You can expect to:
- Study the dancer as a performer, including anatomy, physiology and performance skills
- Analyse a variety of professional work in different dance genres
- Choreograph and perform a solo, based on a question set by the Examination Board
- Perform in a quartet in any chosen dance style
- Perform a solo in the style of the practitioner studied
- Choreograph a group dance based on a question set by the Examination Board
- Written exam consists of both structured and essay style questions based on topics/works studied throughout the year
One grade B and four grade Cs at GCSE, C Grade English GCSE, C Grade GCSE Dance (or BATD/ISTD Grade 4), Successful workshop/audition.
Exam Board - AQA
50% Exam, 50% Practical
£10 - Students are encouraged to attend live performances usually in London. Tickets will be purchased on a pay as you go basis. A contribution of £10 is requested for course booklets.
This course provides students with the opportunity to study Dance, Performing Arts or Media related subjects either at university or in a vocational capacity. Dance can lead to a number of career choices such as performance, choreography, arts administration or teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering Sixth Form College directly.