Horticulture, Technical Qualification, Level 2 at Hadlow College
This course is designed to allow students interested in a career in the rural sector to develop the confidence, ability and skills they need whilst studying or working. The College’s excellent land-based facilities ensure our students develop good vocationally practical and employability skills. The course will make use of Broadview Gardens and the Court lane site, where new gardens are being implemented. Students are able to access a range of additional learning support, based on need. A range of employability skills will be developed whilst on the course including practical skills, communication, and land-based specific knowledge, and development of ICT skills.
The following are examples of some of the topics students can expect to study within the course:
- Establish and maintain plants outdoors
- Understand the basic principles of plant science
- Understand the basic principles of soil science
- Work experience
- Construct landscape foundations and surfaces
- Introduction to plant selection
- Introduction to plant nomenclature terminology and identification
- Participate in propagation techniques
- Functional skills/GCSE - English and maths
You will need a minimum of four GCSEs C-D / 4-3 Grade or equivalent (Level 1 Diploma), which must include GCSE in English OR maths A-D / 9-3 Grade or equivalent.
Assessment is through a range of styles including practical assessments, photographic and video evidence logs, workbooks and written assignments.
Once completed students can progress onto a Level 3 qualification in Horticulture or gain employment in a range of industry careers.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.