Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Level 2 at Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College
This apprenticeship will give you the foundation for a career as a beauty therapist with a focus and interest in make-up services.
This qualification is based on the national occupational standards for beauty therapy/make-up and includes all the required elements to work effectively in the profession. Units included in this qualification are:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety;
- Promote additional products or services to Customers;
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work;
- Provide facial skin care treatment;
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and Eyelashes;
- Provide make-up services;
- Instruct clients in the use and application of skin care products and make-up.
Throughout this qualification, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology and health and safety. They will also develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to advise and consult with clients to provide a complete service. In parallel, learners will develop their communication and customer service skills, their awareness of environmental sustainability and their commercial skills, all of which are valued highly by employers. Problem solving and research skills will also be developed.
In addition to completing mandatory units, learners are required to achieve five credits from optional units which include:
- Enhance appearance using skin camouflage;
- Fulfil salon reception duties;
- Provide threading services.
You will need to reach a minimum of E3 in an English and Maths assessment.
This qualification will be assessed through exams and in work assessment.
This apprenticeship will be delivered through classroom session, one day each week during term time. Apprentices will be expected to self-study outside of the classroom and their working hours.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College directly.