Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 3 at JET Hairdressing Academy
One of the best ways of up-skilling to become a specialist in your chosen profession is to complete an Advanced Apprenticeship. To do this you would need to already have achieved your Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship or have an alternative appropriate Level 2 qualification and experience in hairdressing. As an Advanced Apprentice you are employed in one of the many hairdressing salons that JET work with throughout Essex & the surrounding counties – developing higher level skills and abilities, which will benefit your commercial clients, your employer and your own competencies. You will develop these skills depending on your salon's preferred training options, either at one of JET's purpose built academies in Basildon or Chelmsford, or at your own workplace salon. You should expect your Advanced Apprenticeship to last 18-24 months. After an interview and initial assessment to determine your individual requirements, a learning plan will be created to meet your individual training needs. This will be agreed by you and your employer and a full induction to the Advanced Apprenticeship programme will be given by one of our Training Co-ordinators. The Advanced Apprenticeship programme develops the skills required to be a successful stylist.
You will develop skills in the following areas:
- Monitoring Health & Safety
- Promoting products & services
- Providing hairdressing consultation
- Creatively cut hair
- Provide a colour correction service
- Creatively style & dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop and enhance creative hairdressing skills
- Creatively perm hair
- Provide specialist consultation services and treatments for hair & scalp conditions
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Support customer service improvements
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
The programme is a great opportunity to showcase and develop your creative skills and progress platform in this exciting and creative career choice.
As an Advanced Apprentice in Hairdressing, you have the opportunity to be assessed both in your place of work and at our academies.
JET Hairdressing Academy has state-of-the-art facilities offering advanced apprentices the opportunity to develop their skills through working on members of the public as well as through demonstrations, practical workshops, theory sessions & tutorials.
You will be supported and encouraged throughout your Advanced Apprenticeship and will receive quality teaching from highly trained, enthusiastic and qualified staff.
Assessment will be continuous through oral, written and practical work to monitor your progress. Certification will be accredited on completion of your portfolio of evidence and achievement of Functional Skills.
When you have completed your Level 3 Advance Apprenticeship you may wish to progress onto:
- Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management Practice & Advance Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector - suitable for aspiring salon managers or business owners
- Permanent employment as a Senior stylist or Hairdresser
- Full time higher education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact JET Hairdressing Academy directly.