Interiors and Plaster Finishes Level 1 Diploma at Basingstoke College of Technology
The course covers a wide range of subjects including:
- safe working practices and hazard identification in construction
- heath and safety regulations, roles and responsibilities
- safe handling of materials and equipment
- basic working platforms
- building methods and construction technology
- foundation, wall, floor and roof construction
- construction of internal and external masonry
- prepare background surfaces and plaster materials
- select tools and equipment
- prepare and mix materials
- apply plaster materials to internal backgrounds
- the positioning of board materials and thickness of plaster coats
- apply one- and two-coat plaster to internal brick or block backgrounds
- produce components from moulds
- produce plasterwork and cement components
Attendance of 100% is necessary in order to complete the course.
Students may also choose to study for a GCSE to increase their qualifications, or to resit a previous GCSE subject to improve a grade. To enhance employment opportunities the course may also have additional qualifications built into the programme.
4 GCSEs grade E and above including English and Maths, or completion of an entry level qualification in the Construction Industry plus Functional Skills and a strong recommendation from your tutor.
The course is continuously assessed by both practical and written assignments/tests and an online exam.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
This course is a recognised route into Level 2 diploma or employment, including an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.