Health and Social Care BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at St Helens College
This course is highly specialist, teaching you all of the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to work in the health and social care industry at a high level.
Studying units such as health promotion, psychology and safeguarding, you'll be preparing for your new career.
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Promoting public health
- Health psychology
- Human lifespan development
- Working in health and social care
- Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Enquiries into current research in health and social care
- Meeting individual care and support needs
- Work experience in health and social care
- Principles of safe practice in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives
- Psychological perspectives
- Physiological disorders and their care
- Caring for individuals with dementia
You should have at least five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed through various methods including externally marked assignments, examinations, case studies, presentations, reflective diaries, group displays, and video and campaign work.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16‐18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Once you have completed this course, you will be ready to apply for degree level study at your chosen university.
Many students have chosen careers within the health care sector as a care assistant, support worker, nurse, social worker, midwife, environmental health officer and health education and management professions to name a few.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.