Advanced Apprenticeship in Nail Technology at Rotherham College
Hair, Beauty, Media Make-up and Nails 148 Hair, Beauty, Media Make-up and Nails Could you cut it as a hair stylist or shape a career as a nail technician?
Can you use a stroke of creativity to make waves in the make-up industry?
Do you dream of exploring the world, offering the latest treatments as a beauty therapist?
Then make sure Rotherham College is your first step into the hair, beauty, media make-up and nail industry. Our Inspire Salons and Nail Bar will provide you with the perfect training environment to work with real clients to gain the required knowledge and skills you need to progress your career.
By working in partnership with many local theatre companies, businesses and schools, you are given the opportunity to put your skills to the test in a working environment.
Be it transforming young wannabe actors into the theatre’s favourite characters; creating ghoulishly gruesome zombies for charity events; or adding glamour to the runway for fellow students’ fashion events – the possibilities are endless. You’ll participate in competitions such as Matchfit, The National Federation of Hairdressing, Warpaint Make-up and World Skills UK. The competitions provide you with the chance to enhance your CV, develop your talent and test your skills in a range of techniques to demonstrate excellence in your chosen trade.
Throughout this Apprenticeship you will learn advanced skills in the world of nails that will prepare you with the experience for a successful career within the industry.
What will I study?
• Advanced nail technology including a variety of nail enhancements and nail art techniques
• Electric files •Airbrushed nails
• Learn about health and safety and client care •Learn how to promote and sell products and services
• English and maths (where applicable)
What added value will I receive?
• You will have the opportunity to attend master classes. Workshops will also be available in subjects such as tanning, threading, ear piercing, barbering, nail art, hair extensions and many others
• You will also be encouraged to take part in educational visits and competitions
• Work experience
• You must have a Level 2 qualification within beauty therapy, nail technology or equivalent
• GCSE grade D or above in English and maths
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to the course
• Display professional conduct appropriate for working with members of the public
• Have a self-motivated and committed approach to learning
• We can help you find the employment within a salon you need to start this Apprenticeship
Practical skills will be assessed in the workplace on paying clients. An assessor will arrange to come out to observe you in your salon. You will also sit online exams for each unit and provide a portfolio of evidence.
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
You could seek employment in a range of roles in the nail industry. Examples are: nail bars/beauty salons; cruise liners; nail technician on-board airlines; health spas; mobile nail technician; nail/beauty company sales representative.
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.