Beauty Therapy Treatments Level 3 Diploma at Truro and Penwith College
If you enjoyed learning beauty therapy level 2 and would like to develop your skills to an advanced level, this course will teach you techniques in massage, advanced face and body treatments and much more, it will also help you to develop your skills in consultation and communication within the salon environment.
You will learn the techniques and theory for these advanced treatments. You will learn how the body works and the impact that your treatments have on the individual systems of the body.
As part of your learning you will have to attend a work placement one day a week, this will give you the opportunity to gain real life practice in a salon or spa of your choice, this experience will build on your skills and confidence, giving you what you need for your future dream career.
These are the units you will have the opportunity to study in both practical and theory:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon.
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries.
- Working in beauty related industries.
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Apply micro dermabrasion
- Apply stone therapy massage
The requirement is Level 2 Diploma in beauty therapy VRQ/NVQ
Your achievement in this subject is dependent upon excellent attendance, punctuality and effort. You will learn in a friendly atmosphere, using a variety of assessment methods:
- You will be assessed regularly on your practical skills in the salon. And written assignment work that is conducted as homework.
- Discussions and presentations are a vital part of our assessment process and you will be expected to contribute to these.
- You will review your own performance in 1:1 sessions with your tutor.
- You will undertake mock examinations on each unit in advance of your final exams.
- You will be formally examined on each unit that you study to test your practical competence and knowledge of the subject.
Once you have completed your program of study there are many different paths you can follow. Higher education; many Colleges and Universities offer degree level courses, for example spa and salon management and Complimentary therapies. If you would like to seek employment you may like the idea of traveling while you earn money, how about working on a luxury cruise liner, or being an in-flight beauty therapist for Virgin Atlantic! You could end up working in a health spa or high street salon, be a company sales representative, product trainer, or College lecturer. Throughout this qualification you will gain a valuable insight into the running of a commercial venture, self-employment may be one of your options also.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.