Business Studies BTEC Level 3 at Marriotts School
National Extended Certificate in Business
- Unit 1 – Exploring Business
- Unit 2 – Developing a marketing campaign
- Unit 3 – Personal and business finance
- Unit 8 – Recruitment and selection.
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business is an Applied General qualification. It is for post-16 learners who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment in the business sector. The qualification is equivalent in size to one A Level and aims to provide a coherent introduction to study of the business sector.
The learning programme covers the following content areas:
- Business environments
- Human resources.
Students are expected to have a Merit or above at Level 2 in Business Studies BTEC or a C or above in GCSE Business Studies. It is strongly advised that students should have a C in English Language, as a minimum. The coursework element requires students to be able to write in a style appropriate for A level/Level 3 BTEC.
- Unit 1 – Internally assessed and subject to external standards verification
- Unit 2 – This unit is assessed under supervised conditions. Learners will be provided with a case study two weeks prior to a supervised assessment period in order to carry out research.
- Unit 3 – 2 hours External written examination
- Unit 8 – Internally assessed and subject to external standards verification.
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements for many courses if taken alongside other qualifications as part of a two year programme of learning. It will support entry to many higher education courses, depending on the other qualifications learners have taken. Learners should always check the entry requirements for degree programmes at specific higher education providers. The qualification can also support progression to employment directly, or via an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Marriotts School directly.