Business A Level at Lymm High Voluntary Controlled School
You will study business in a variety of contexts (e.g. large/small, UK focused/ global, service/manufacturing) and consider:
• the importance of the context of business in relation to decision making
• the interrelated nature of business activities and how they affect competitiveness
• the competitive environment and the markets in which businesses operate
• the influences on functional decisions and plans including ethical and environmental issues
• the factors that might determine whether a decision is successful e.g. the quality of data and the degree of uncertainty
• how technology is changing the way decisions are made and how businesses operate and compete
• the impact on stakeholders of functional decisions and their response to such decisions
• use of non-quantitative and quantitative data in decision making (including the interpretation of index numbers and calculations such as ratios and percentages).
A* - C in 5 GCSEs including Mathematics and English Language.
AS level assessment - Assessment is by two one-and-a-half hour written exams at the end of the course. Paper 1: Two compulsory sections, including multiple choice, short answer questions and data response questions. Paper 2: One compulsory case study consisting of seven questions.
A-level assessment - The A-level is assessed by three two hour written exams at the end of the course. Paper 1: Multiple-choice questions, short answer and two essays. Paper 2: Three compulsory data response questions. Paper 3: One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lymm High Voluntary Controlled School directly.