Hairdressing Entry Level Diploma at Isle of Wight College
The VTCT Entry Level Diploma in Vocational Studies – Hair and Beauty (Entry 3) is a qualification that has been designed to prepare you for employment, to develop your skills in personal and social development and teach you a range of techniques across the hair and beauty sectors.
This course is a full time option and is suitable for students 16 years or above.
Skills and knowledge that are needed to start a career in Hair. Subjects include: Literacy and Numeracy to support you in the workplace, Introduction to basic hair care, how to assist and support a Hair Stylist, introduction to the Beauty Therapy Industry, learning about professional presentation, improving your own learning, personal and social development and health and safety in the workplace.
Students should have at least one of the following:
- Entry level 2 qualification in a relevant subject.
- Working at Entry 2 Literacy and Numeracy (tested through screening )
- Current College students would be expected to have successfully completed their former study with the College including key/functional skills.
- Good attendance and report from school or previous course
The course has been designed so that students control their pace of assessment. Students will mainly have a practical timetable which will include sessions working in the commercial Hair/Beauty salon; students will also have assignments, oral questions and exams to support each relevant area of learning. This will be proof that students have mastered a particular aspect of the trade and gained the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve their VTCT Entry Level Diploma in Vocational Studies – Hair and Beauty.
- Level 1 Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Employment within The Hair And Beauty Industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.