Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework - Certificate for Children and Young People at Wakefield College
This qualification is for anyone working with children aged 0-16 years in day nurseries, crches, playgroups and schools. You can start your qualification any time during the year.
What you will study
You will achieve 31 credits from the mandatory units and four from the optional units. In total you will require at least 35 credits to achieve the full Certificate. The mandatory units are:-
* Child and young person development
* Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
* Contribute to children and young people's health and safety
* Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for children and young people
* Paediatric emergency first aid
* Managing paediatric illness and injury
* Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
* Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
* Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children's and young people’s settings
* Contribute to the support of child and young person development
* Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
* Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
You will also be expected to work towards Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English at the designated Level unless you have already achieved an acceptable equivalent.
How you will learn
1- 1 with your allocated assessor.
You must be employed in a day nursery, crèche, playgroup or school. You will also need Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications. If you do not have the relevant level of qualification, we can assess your current level of literacy and numeracy and you will be supported to achieve such as this is part of the apprenticeship framework.
You will be allocated an Assessor who will assess you in your workplace by observing you carrying out your daily tasks and duties. You will be required to answer written/oral questions and record what you do at work. The qualification also involves the completion of around three set assignments and coursework which will be assessed by your Assessor, but there are no final exams.
Tuition and certification are free if you are aged 16-18 years old. Related additional costs may include materials, equipment, visits, residentials etc which are payable by all students.
Any student entered/registered with an Awarding Body who has been given free entry and then withdraws or is withdrawn by a tutor will incur the certification fee associated with the course. Any resit examination will incur a cost.
Different fees apply to international students.
For more detailed information on financial support and fees for students aged 19+ please contact the Financial Support Team on 01924 789304.
If you move into a job role with supervisory responsibility, your next step would be the EYE level 3.
The Certificate and Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce can help you develop your career as a childminder, nanny, youth worker, nursery nurse or nursery manager. You could work in Local Authority or privately run nurseries, Sure Start Childrens Centres, nursery or primary schools, playgroups or pre-schools.
If you require further information please contact: The Course Information Team on 01924 789111
Visit our Apprenticeships Facebook page at www.facebook.com/apprenticeshipsatwakefieldcollege
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.