Children’s Play, Learning and Development BTEC Level 3 National Subsidiary Certificate at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This course is designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge for working in the Early Years sector.
The range of units encourages a holistic view of child development and work experience to help develop the practical skills required for working with children.
Those wanting to work in the early years setting should be caring, responsible, good with children, patient, calm, efficient, energetic and creative.
To gain full practitioner status learners must progress and complete the diploma (in 2 years).
- Child Development
- Play in Early Years Settings
- Meeting Children’s Physical Development, Physical Care ad Health Needs
- Health and Safety Practice in Early Years Settings
- Collaboration with Parents, Colleagues and Other Professionals in Early Years
- Supporting Children’s Communication and Language
- Supporting Children’s Personal, Social, Emotional Development
- Child Protection
- Reflecting on Own Early Years Practice
5 GCSEs grade A-C including Maths and English (language), plus satisfactory school reference. Enhanced DBS clearance (previously criminal records checks) and to have completed one week's work experience in a child care setting.
Mainly by coursework. There is one external exam that must be passed to achieve the certificate.
BTEC National Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.