Sports Development Coaching and Fitness - Extended Diploma Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
The course aims to develop the knowledge and skills which will help students either to gain employment in the industry or progress into Higher Education.
Modules on the course allow students to explore a wide range of areas in the industry including fitness, nutrition, psychology, and sports analysis.
A range of additional professional qualifications are embedded within the Programme. These include coaching awards and the CYQ Fitness Instructors Certificate.
- Practical sport
- Assessing risk in sport
- Fitness training and programming
- Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Sport nutrition
- Sport injuries
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Sport coaching
- Psychology for sport performance
- Sports development
- The physiology of fitness
- Current issues in sport
- Analysis of sport performance
- Talent identification and development in sport
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C (English Language at Grade C)
- or First Diploma (normally Merit overall)
- or National Award or BTEC First Certificate (Merit overall) plus 2 GCSEs Grades A-C
- or other Level 2 qualifications.
Assessment is by written assignments, presentations and practical tasks.
- Foundation degree in Sports Coaching at Easton Campus
- Other Higher Education courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.