Business & Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentices competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework. Also included must be qualifications
which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
To achieve an Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3, you must complete
- a Technical Certificate (knowledge qualification)
- a minimum of 30 credits for the NVQ Certificate in Business & Administration (competency qualification)
- functional skills qualifications in communication or number at Level 2 (exemption may apply to this part of the qualification)
Mandatory Units for the Technical Certificate include:
- Communicate in a business environment
- Manage personal & professional development
- Principles of business communication & information
- Principles of administration
- Principles of business
- The learner should be working in an administration role such as Personal Assistant or Office Supervisor.
- They will be working with autonomy and they will monitor more complex administrative operations and functions.
- It is likely that they will have had previous administrative experience and their current role must provide the necessary exposure in the working environment to complete the qualification and Level 3 units.
- Your employer would be expected to train and support you in the workplace so you have the experience to be competent in all of the mandatory and chosen optional units.
- You will be assessed in the workplace as well as the college to ensure all the competencies are met.
- The range of methods include portfolio building, professional discussion and direct observation, as well as classroom teaching and online tests.
- You will have regular review meetings with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
- Higher Apprenticeship Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Business & Administration
- Other related NVQ such as Team Leading, Management or Customer Service
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.