Brickwork City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
We have a dedicated Technology Centre which is home to the construction craft training workshops. This includes the brickwork workshop which is well-equipped and enables you to develop specialist skills under the expert guidance of industry trained professionals.
There are also opportunities to gain site experience through various site visits and potential work experience from the College’s established links with external employers.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- Building Solid Walling, Isolated and Attached Piers
- Interpret Working Drawings to Set Out Masonry Structures
- Build Cavity Walling Forming Masonry Structures
This course is delivered via a mixture of practical workshop sessions and classroom theory lessons with an emphasis on learning by doing. Modern class rooms and computer facilities complement the practical provision, providing a link between the development of hands-on skills and the theoretical knowledge aspects of the course. Imperative Health & Safety units are integrated into all our City & Guilds qualifications.
Please Note: Applicants without suitable practical experience will normally be advised to commence study at Level 1.
- Successful and satisfactory completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification (e.g. City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying ).
- Alternatively, applicants who can evidence suitable experience or aptitude will also be considered
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Achievement is by assessment of practical and theory units, a multiple choice online test and practical test.
Study options may include:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Bricklaying
- Level 2 Maintenance Operations (Construction)
Employment options may include:
- Bricklayer/General Builder
- Landscape Gardening
- Stone Masonry
- Site Operative
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.