Government and Politics A-Level at Coopers School
This is an interesting and diverse course that helps:
- develop your critical thinking skills and the ability to interpret, evaluate and comment
- develop a critical awareness of the nature of politics and the relationship between political ideas, institutions and processes
- acquire knowledge and understanding of the structures of authority and power within the political system of the United Kingdom, and how these may differ from those of other political systems
- acquire knowledge and informed understanding of the rights and responsibilities of the individual
- develop an interest in and engagement with contemporary politics
Year 1 - Students will develop a broad knowledge and understanding of the political system of the UK. We concentrate on People, Participation and Politics as well as Governing Modern Britain.
Year 2 - You will study Ideologies and Political issues. This includes Liberalism, Socialism, Conservatism and Fascism.
GCSE English Language B or better
University degree, Journalism, Civil Service, Politics, Law, Media and public services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Coopers School directly.