Instructing Exercise and Fitness Level 2 NVQ Diploma at Portsmouth College
You will have the opportunity to gain a number of qualifications which are recognised and valued by the sport and leisure industry. Successful completion of the programme could lead to employment or an apprenticeship as a coach, gym instructor, personal trainer, sports technician or other sport/fitness related roles. Progression on to our Level 3 Sports courses is also possible. Learning will be as practical as possible and assessments are all non-exam based.
This is the foundation qualification for anyone aiming to become a personal trainer. You will study the following units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Work with clients to help them to adhere to exercise and physical activity
- Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Plan and prepare gym-based exercise
- Instruct and supervise gym-based exercise
Five GCSEs at an average of grade E, to include English Language.
Through different forms of continuous assessment, including written portfolios, role plays, observations and presentations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Portsmouth College directly.