Level 2 Prepress for Print at Leeds City College
This qualification is aimed at those who are creating / editing digital files for output to film, plate, screen or cylinder. It will cover areas of imposition, pre-flight checks and the ripping of data to the appropriate image carrier.
The technical knowledge will be taught on a one to one basis and use online material. It will be assessed by three online exams. Your competency will be examined by observation, witness statements and portfolio work carried out within the workplace.
- Maintaining health and safety within a print related working environment
- Communicating and working with others in the print working environment
- Knowledge of the organisation's printing processes and related information
- Keeping equipment clean and in working order for use in the printing industry
- Makig photopolymer plates for flexographic printing
- Making gravure cylinders
- Sending and receiving digital files
- Outputting digital image carriers for print
- Preparing stencils for printing
- Making lithographic printing plates
GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above is desirable.
Portfolio work and observation.
Level 3 Prepress for .
Apprenticeship routes can change throughout the year, keep up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.