Economics A and AS level at The Heathland School
Economics gives students the opportunity to gain a good knowledge and understanding of the tools of economic analysis and of the problems to which these tools are applied. Students will acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of economic principles, theories and concepts, which will enable them to assess and evaluate economic problems. It will draw on students’ ability to interpret data presented in written, numerical and graphical forms, from which they will draw valid conclusions.
- Paper 1 (1 hour 30 mins / 50% of AS): The operation of markets and market failure.
- Paper 2 (1 hour 30 mins / 50% of AS): The national economy in a global context.
- Paper 1 (2 hours / 33.33% of A-Level): Markets and market failure.
- Paper 2 (2 hours / 33.33% of A-Level): The national and international economy.
- Paper 3 (2 hours / 33.33% of A-Level): Economic principles and issues.
Economics is a respected, academic subject welcomed by Higher Education. It is the social science that investigates the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services. Economics is the study of human behaviour and the extent to which wants are met by the scarce resources available. Many Heathland Economics pupils have gone on to have careers in Economics related jobs, such as Financial Trading, Banking and Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Heathland School directly.