Art/Design A2 at South Wirral High School
The Art Department strives to look for new ways of developing past success and existing good practice.
Regular exposure to artists, galleries and other art forms, places all of the work in context and provides the excitement and inspiration for individual progress in Art and Design
The Advanced level course is a 4 unit structure over 2 years which:
- Maximizes choice and flexibility
- Clear assessment structure
- Encourages personal creative and imaginative approaches to Art & Design
- Exam papers are available each January for AS and A2
The advanced level course is a 2 unit structure
- Students choose their own theme as enquiry for coursework and the personal study
- A personal study is required comprising of a maximum of 3,000 words with illustrations based on artists, art movements or art theory in Art & Design themes.
- Imaginative attitude
- Creative mind
- Enjoy practical skills and using a variety of tools and equipment
AS - 2 Units
Unit 1 -
Coursework // 60% // 80 Marks
Externally Set Assignment // 8 hours // 40% // 80 Marks
A2 - 2
Unit 3 -
Coursework & Personal Study // 60% // 80 Marks
Unit 4 -
Externally Set Assignment // 12 hours // 40% // 80 Marks
- Fashion Design
- Theatre and Museum work
- Industrial Design
Students usually progress from A level on to a Foundation or Degree courses
- Opportunities to visit major London galleries in the Autumn term.
- Opportunities to work alongside practicing Artists with workshop events
- Opportunities to use Art room as studio base in study time and after school
- Opportunities to work with a variety of materials including oils on canvas and silk Painting
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Wirral High School directly.