Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1 at Southampton City College
This course will prepare you to work safely and with confidence in construction with a focus on carpentry and joinery skills. You will develop the basic rudimentary skills, knowledge and hand skills required to become a good carpenter.
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- GCSEs grade D or below (including English and maths) or
- Level 1 in English and maths
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.