Physics A Level at St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
Along side further developing knowledge and understanding in Physics this course also develops scientific enquiry skills, skills in communication and analytical skills to ensure successful application of acquired knowledge.
- Unit 1: Measurements and their errors
- Unit 2: Particles and Radiation
- Unit 3: Waves
- Unit 4: Mechanics and Materials
- Unit 5: Electricity
A2 Units (units 9-13 are optional and only one will be taken)
- Unit 6: Further Mechanics and Thermal Physics
- Unit 7: Fields and their consequences
- Unit 8: Nuclear Physics
- Unit 9: Astrophysics
- Unit 10: Medical Physics
- Unit 11: Engineering Physics
- Unit 12: Turning points in Physics
- Unit 13: Electronics
Grade B in Physics or Grade B in Core and Additional Science and GCSE
Grade B in Mathematics
GCSE English (at Grade C or above) is required
Students will be able to apply for a range of Physics’ programmes including further studies in Pure and Applied Sciences as well as Engineering, Medical Fields, Veterinary Science, Astronomy and Space other research areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls directly.