Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 at Shipley College
This course can help you on your way to a career in the Travel & Tourism Industry.
You learn about worldwide destinations, customer service, holiday representatives and retail/business travel.
Plus take advantage of the unique opportunity to go on a weeklong trip overseas. In previous years, students have travelled out to the Costa del Sol to work in the ‘First Choice’ Holiday Village.
You experience firsthand what it is like to work in a resort by shadowing holiday reps, taking part in planning fun activities and visiting hotels, resorts and airports.
In addition, you complete further work experience to give you a vital taste of careers in this area.
- 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C (9 - 4), including English & maths. If you don’t have grade C (5-4) in both subjects, the minimum for the other is grade D (3).
- A full Level 2 at PP grade or above with maths & English grades equivalent to those stated above.*
- You will need to tell us about your interest in travel and your plans for a career in this industry.
- It is recommended that you have access to a computer and internet at home so that you can access all course materials to assist you in your studies.
* Students with grade D (3) in either English or maths will be expected to re-take that subject in Year 1.
After successful completion of the course, you can progress in to Higher Education, to a degree or HND in a related course. The course also leads to a variety of career opportunities in the Travel & Tourism Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.