Hairdressing Apprenticeship at CWT Chamber Training
The opportunities in hairdressing are endless for individuals with artistic flair and technical expertise. The secret behind a good hairdresser is good quality training and an Apprenticeship will give you just that. It offers a great opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. We have access to excellent employment opportunities; jobs with salons where you can build your career as a hairdresser. You will get high quality experience and develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working life.
You will undertake a mixture of on and off the job learning, spending 4 days per week learning on the job in a salon with 1 day spent at CWT Chamber Training's Hairdressing Academy where you will learn the theory behind hairdressing as well as develop your practical skills working on clients. You will work towards City & Guilds qualifications, including a Diploma in Hairdressing as well as functional skills in Maths and English.
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will experience a range of exciting hairdressing skills, including
- Shampooing, conditioning hair and applying treatments
- Selecting and applying colours to hair, including corrective treatments
- Cutting techniques
- Fashion cutting and design
- Blow drying and styling
- Long hair design
- Modern perming techniques
- Developing an understanding of a range of styling products
- Working as a team with junior and senior stylists
- Reception work, booking appointments, taking payments
What qualifications will I gain ?
- City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Additional opportunities available in fashion techniques, colouring, entering styling competitions, exhibition visits, afro caribbean styling, barbering and wedding design
As an Apprenticeship, you will develop your skills and knowledge in the workplace, spending 4 days per week learning on the job from experienced and knowledgeable people with 1 day spent learning hairdressing at CWT Chamber Training's Hairdressing Academy.
This Apprentice is aimed at people with an active interest in creative design, styling and good customer service. You will need to be confident, have good people skills and be prepared for hard work. Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships are highly practical and you will spend the majorirty of your time learning hairdressing skills in the workplace, gaining invaluable experience as well as studying for nationally recognised qualifications. You will be paid a salary by your employer and enjoy the perks of working life.
An individually designed learning plan will be tailored to your needs and contain a mixture of on and off the job learning. A dedicated Training Advisor will be appointed to support you throughout your Apprenticeship, undertaking assessments in the workplace, regular progress reviews and act as an ongoing point of contact.
Typically you will attend CWT Chamber Training's Hairdressing Academy 1 day per week to learn hairdressing theory and practice, as well as spending 4 days per week with your employer to develop your practical skills.
You will be a paid an Apprenticeship salary by your employer, this will be agreed when you are offered a job. For those who are aged 16 - 18, Apprenticeship training is fully funded by the Government and all of the agreed costs of your learning will be met. If you are older, partial funding is available to support you. Advice regarding this will be given at the point of enquiry.
From Level 2 there is a clear pathway of learning to enable you to progress:
- NVQ 2 - Junior Stylist
- NVQ 3 - Stylist
- NVQ 4 - Salon Manager / Supervisor
- Foundation Degree - Salon Manager / Business Manager
- Business Management Degree - Business Owner / General Manager
CWT Chamber Training has a dedicated Recruitment Team who will provide you with information, advice and guidance so that you can make an informed choice about your future. Our team work closely with employers to identify job vacancies suitable for Apprentices and support you in securing a job with great prospects and learning opportunities.
During your Apprenticeship you will:
- Receive assistance to secure employment in a local salon or city centre location
- Off the job training to develop your skills and knowledge
- Functional Skills workshops to develop your skills in English and Maths
- A designated Training Advisor to guide and support you throughout
- A work place mentor for additional support
- Regular progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
You can apply on-line at http://www.cwtcov.co.uk/ or call us on 024 7623 1122.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CWT Chamber Training directly.