Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 2 at Copleston High School
The course will include a varied amount of teaching strategies, including student and
teacher led activities. As the majority of the course is portfolio based, there will be a lot of independent learning. The course will give the opportunity for the students to plan their own study visit as well as field trips throughout the course to research information about different areas.
- The UK travel and tourism sector (Examination)
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- The development of Travel and Tourism in the UK
- International Travel and Tourism destinations
- Factors affecting worldwide Travel and Tourism
- The Travel and Tourism Customer experience
- Travel and Tourism Business environments (Examination)
- Promotion and Sale in Travel and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism employment opportunities
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- The Cruise Industry
Mainly D grades at GCSE.
The Extended certificate is a 360°-guided-learning-hour qualification (equivalent in teaching time to three GCSEs) It has 162/3 per cent of the qualification that is
externally assessed via 2 examinations in the summer term.
Achievement of a pass grade would allow the student to undertake GCE AS courses in any subsequent year (subject to any course-specific entry requirements).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Copleston High School directly.
Last updated date: 10 October 2016