Health, Social Care and Children and Young People’s Settings - Level 1 CACHE Introductory Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This is a 37-credit qualification that consists of 20 credits from mandatory units and 17 credits from optional units. Some of the units will cover:
- the range of service provision
- the roles within the service provision
- values and principles
- equality and inclusion
- protection and safeguarding
- healthy eating
- mental health
- physical disability
As well as studying the BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings, you will also be expected to complete Functional Skills assessments in English and mathematics.
Develop the skills, knowledge, techniques and personal qualities essential for a successful performance in your working life.
You must undertake a work placement as part of this course to prepare for a career in this sector.
Study communication, human lifespan development, healthy living, creative and therapeutic activities, and equality and diversity.
- Four GCSEs with at least 2 points (grade E) plus English and maths with 3 points (grade D) OR
- An Entry Level qualification with a minimum of two units achieved at Level 1, and a standard of literacy and numeracy appropriate to this level of study
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
You will be assessed through a variety of methods including projects, presentations, posters and assignments.
What can I go on to study?
- Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Other related Level 2 courses
- An apprenticeship
- Child and early years officers
- Nursery nurses and assistants
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.