Disability and Equality Awareness at RSP Safety Services Ltd
Who should attend ?
Anyone who has contact with customers, suppliers, employees or members of the public
Why you should attend ?
To increase your knowledge and awareness of disability
What you will learn ?
- What disability really means
- Relevant legislation: Equalities Act
- Understanding the challenges of disability
- How disability affects health and safety
To give you confidence in communicating with people with different disabilities
- Why do we need to discuss this issue?
- An exercise to allow delegates to experience disability
- Language, attitudes and misconceptions
- What is meant by `reasonable adjustments’
- Disability and health and safety
- What are `protected characteristics’?
- Case law; what happens when dialogue breaks down
- Do’s and Don’ts: etiquette
Observation of delegate participation
What’s included ?
Course materials, certificate
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact RSP Safety Services Ltd directly.