Carpentry Level 3 Diploma at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College*
This course is ideal for those who have already completed a Diploma in Carpentry or Joinery, or those with prior experience.
- Safe working practices with essential health & safety information
- Building methods and construction technology
- Setting up and using fixed or transportable machinery
- Carrying out first and second fixing operations
- Erecting complex structural carcassing
- Maintaining structural and non-structural components
A Diploma Level 2 in Carpentry & Joinery or a suitable level of previous experience.
Targets will be set and agreed with your tutor; you will receive regular feedback and one-to-one reviews to ensure that you are on track to achieve your goals. Your practical work will also be assessed by your tutor and your portfolio will be assessed by our internal verification team. Parents can also monitor progress through the Pro Monitor portal.
After successful completion you can progress onto a NVQ Level 3 in Site Carpentry. Alternatively, entry on to an apprenticeship can be gained if suitable employment is found.
There are many different specialist roles within the industry. Employers will be looking for a minimum of level 2 NVQ or an apprenticeship at an equivalent level. This course provides an excellent foundation upon which to build a career within the construction industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Gloucestershire and Stroud College* directly.