Sport & Active Leisure Level 1 Certificate at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
The course is predominantly theory-based with some practical sessions on the timetable. You will study a total of 11 units and will cover the following topics:
- Taking Part in Exercise and Fitness
- Working in a Team
- Managing Your Health at Work
- How the Body Works
- Planning Your own Fitness Programme
- Planning and Delivering Activities
- Taking Part in Sport
- Assisting at a Sport Event
- Working in Sport and Active Leisure
- Carrying out an Individual Project
- Job Opportunities in Sort and Leisure
- At least 4 GCSE’s at grade E - G or above (including English and maths)
- A reference from your previous school, college or employer.
- Successfully complete an initial assessment in SkillsBuilder
You will be assessed via a practical demonstrations, written assignments and presentations.
You will be required to pay a £35 fee towards your kit and a class trip later in the year. This fee is payable on enrolment.
You could progress onto the BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport providing good attendance, punctuality, behaviour and work is demonstrated.
Employment opportunities could involve work at a junior level within the following areas of the Sport and Leisure industry:
- Activity Leadership
- Exercise and Fitness
- Sports Development
- Outdoor Environment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.