English Literature A Level at West Lakes Academy
What will you study?
- Crime writing or political and social protest writing
- Tragedy or comedy
- Shakespeare (such as Hamlet, King Lear or Othello)
- A drama text
- A pre- 1900 text
- A post-2000 prose text
At least 5 GCSEs grades 9-5/ A*-C including English and maths.
Minimum of a grade ‘5’ for GCSE English Literature
This is a two year A Level only course A- Level
- Paper 1 - Literary Genres Written exam 2 hours 30 minutes (40% of A Level)
- Paper 2 - Text and Genres Written exam 3 hours (40% of A Level)
- Non-Exam Assessed Component - Theory and Independence (20% of A Level)
A Level English Literature is highly regarded by universities and is a sought after qualification for a wide range of degree courses, including the sciences. Traditional links with journalism, writing, editing and law are easily established as part of an English degree.
The course develops a high level of communication skills, which are desirable in all walks of life.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Lakes Academy directly.