Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport - Level 3 NVQ Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This course has been developed in conjunction with Sport Nottinghamshire who support the delivery of Physical Education in the region. This partnership, will ensure that you will get real life experiences of coaching/delivering physical education and school sport in local primary schools.
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF) has been developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE) and with the support of Compass – the association of sports and activity providers. It is a competence-based qualification that confirms occupational competency for those operating in a school sport setting and provides an introduction to further opportunities for them to work within physical education and school sport.
The course is made up of 12 units. The units include:
- Plan a physical education and school sport programme
- Deliver a physical education and school sport programme
- Review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme
- Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Support gifted and talented learners
- Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
Learners must achieve a total of 54 credits to achieve the Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF); which must be achieved through completion of all eight mandatory units.
- Four GCSEs with at least 4 points (grade ) including English or maths OR
- A Level 2 Diploma in Sport (Active Leadership) OR
- A related BTEC Level 2 diploma/NCFE at merit level.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
This is perfect for those who aspire to work in a PE and school sport setting. It gives an understanding of the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be operating. Career opportunities include the following:
- Physical education teacher (after the successful completion of a degree/PGCE qualification with QTS)
- Physical education teaching assistant
- Sports development officer
- Sports coach, volunteer or leader.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.