Business A Level at Comberton Village College & Sixth Form
Why study Business?
Business is front-page news. The way businesses operate is under greater scrutiny than ever before. If you are interested in the world of business and its innovative and exciting theories and you would like to examine, understand and practise the skills, knowledge and attributes of successful entrepreneurs, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
What Will I Study?
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
Paper 1: Business 1 (33.3% of A-Level):
A two hour written exam, based on all content above. Consisting of multiple-choice questions, short answer questions and two essay questions (25 marks each)
Paper 2: Business 2 (33.3% of A-Level):
A two hour written exam, based on all content above. Three data response compulsory questions worth approximately 33 marks each and made up of three or four part questions
Paper 3: Business 3 (33.3% of A-Level):
A 2 hour written exam, based on all content above. One compulsory case study followed by approximately six questions.
The course is delivered through a variety of case studies, videos, textbooks, student-centred activities and possible visits to organisations. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to attend revision conferences and have access to excellent business-related facilities.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
5 x 5s
4 in English and Maths
Subject Specific Entry Requirements:
5 in GCSE Maths
* Please note that Level 2 vocational courses are the equivalent of 1 GCSE and only 1 will be counted towards the A-Level pathway entry requirements
What can I do with Business after sixth form?
Business Studies will allow you to go to university to study a variety of subjects. Careers in finance, accounting, marketing, management and other ‘business related’ areas are also possibilities for students who have studied this subject.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.