Triple BTEC in Sport (Performance & Excellence) at Blackpool Sixth Form College
This BTEC in Sport (Performance & Excellence) course focuses on developing an individuals understanding of the skills and knowledge required to enter the sports industry whilst still being able to develop their own practical performance. Sports leadership, coaching and the development of a sports performer are key themes that run through this course.
This course is an Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A levels). It is also available as a Level 3 BTEC Diploma (equivalent to 2 A levels) or a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (single award).
Year one includes:
- Developing training programmes for sports performance
- Measuring and understanding fitness requirements
- How the body works in high level sports performers
- Nutrition for sports performance
Year two includes:
- The lifestyle of an elite sports performer
- The psychological requirements for sports performance
- Work experience placement in the sports industry
- Analysing individual and team performance
- An understanding of the current issues in sport
- Sports event planning and management
Students must have a strong interest in sport - both the practical and theoretical aspects.
Exam board: Edexcel (BTEC)
After completing the course students can work towards a number of careers, for example sports journalism, sports development, PE teaching, sports coaching, sports equipment design, personal training. Over 90% of our students progress on to higher education to degree courses in sport.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.