Tourism & Aviation BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma & Extended Diploma at NewVIc
The Aviation industry is dynamic and successful in the UK and around the world. In 2014 a total of 238 million passengers passed through UK airports. Students who have qualifications and skills in this exciting sector are highly sought after to work either landside or airside. With such choice and variation in job prospects, no day is ever the same working in this industry. As a college we are perfectly located for study-related visits and training at London City Airport and Virgin Atlantic training base.
The course will focus on:
- topics such as customer service, airport and airline commercial operations, as well as handling air passengers
- developing your employability skills to prepare you for work within the industry, such as learning how to process airfares and issue ticketing
- explore the Tourism and Aviation industries and understand how they are linked
On the course you will:
- go on visits to places such as London City Airport and Flybe.
- have the opportunity to complete training at the Flybe cabin crew centre.
- work in the industry on a two-week work placement.
Four or more GCSEs (grade A*-C), including a grade 5 in Mathematics or English Language. Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject, and a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics.
In some circumstances, improved performance in Functional Skills may be accepted where a GCSE has not yet been achieved.
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to progress to higher education to study courses such as Aviation Studies/Operations, Airline and Airport Management, Air Transport Management. Students will also be equipped to enter employment within the industry as Cabin Crew, Check-in Desk Associates, Airport Customer Services, Security, Ground Staff and Baggage Handlers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.