Fitness Instructing Apprenticeship Level 2 at Accrington and Rossendale College
This course is the perfect framework to introduce yourself to the world of fitness instructing. Consisting of four units, you will familiarise yourself with finance language and standard business practices to help increase your employability, confidence and career prospects.
The learner will be employed four and half days per week and may attend College half a day per week to study towards:
- NVQ Level 2 in Fitness Instructing
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Industry and Organisational Awareness Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in English and Maths if needed
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Work with clients to help them to adhere to exercise and physical activity
- Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Plan and prepare gym-based exercise
- Instruct and supervise gym-based exercise.
Optional units would be negotiated to match the work place and job role.
As adult learners, no formal qualifications are required, just a reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy; usually GCSE ‘C’ in Maths and English. Please note however that a short informal interview is a necessary requirement to ensure the suitability of the course for each learner
You will be assessed through examinations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.