Chemistry A Level at St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
Students will develop an understanding of how society makes decisions about scientific issues, develop and demonstrate a deeper appreciation of all the knowledge and understanding of different related areas of Chemistry.
- Module 1: Development of practical skills in Chemistry
- Module 2: Foundations in Chemistry
- Module 3: Periodic Table and Energy
- Module 4: Core Organic Chemistry
All AS Modules as above plus the following:
- Module 5: Physical Chemistry and Transition Elements
- Module 6: Organic Chemistry and Analysis
Grades B in Core and Additional Science or Grade B in Chemistry and Grade B in GCSE Mathematics English (C grade or above) is required
Students will be able to apply for a range of Chemistry related sciences including Biochemistry and Chemical Engineering as well as all medical fields, Veterinary Science, Sports Science and other research areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls directly.