Health and Social Care BTEC First Diploma (Level 2) (Cheadle Campus) at Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College
This course prepares you with a specialist work-related qualification in Health and Social Care. You will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills to prepare you to progress to employment or continue to Level 3 in the same, or another vocational area. The Diploma is equivalent to four GCSEs and is all coursework assessed.
It is a practical, skills-based programme and will be particularly useful for job roles where you will be expected to communicate effectively with people and provide support in different care settings.
It also provides an excellent grounding for the Level 3 programmes we offer in the department, such as Children’s Play, Learning and Development, Public Services or Health and Social Care.
Units will include mandatory units such as:
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Care
- Individual Needs in care
- Safe Environments in Care Settings
Some optional units could include creative and therapeutic activities, diet and healthy eating, cultural diversity awareness and human development.
- You will meet the college entry requirements for a Level 2 programme which are likely to be four GCSEs at grade D or Level 1 Health and Social Care at Merit grade.
- The ability to manage your time effectively and meet deadlines will be important.
- Good personal skills are also essential when dealing with clients, groups, other professionals and your colleagues.
- A satisfactory enhanced CRB will be essential.
The course is all coursework assessed and you will study eight units for your Diploma. Each unit must be passed and will be graded Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction * which build up your profile and contribute to your final grade.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways including role plays, practical assessment and written work as well as demonstrating skills through work placement experience.
You will be developing a range of valuable personal and transferrable skills essential for success in your working life.
Most students use this course as a base for progression to Level 3 programmes in the Department, subject to gaining an overall Merit. A Distinction or Distinction * may be required for other Level 3 courses.
- The First Diploma is equivalent to 4 GCSEs.
- You don’t need to have studied this subject before.
- Work placements will be organised for all students.
- You need an interest in working in health and social care.
- For further information please contact Jane Blackburn (0161 486 4633).
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.