BTEC Level 3 Economics at Hitchin Girls School
Our approach to Economics is to apply economic
theory to support analysis of current economic
problems and issues, encouraging you to appreciate
the interrelationships between microeconomics and
The content of the course covers:
The operation of markets and market failure
• Economic methodology and the economic problem
• Price determination in a competitive market
• Production, costs and revenue
• Competitive and concentrated markets
• The market mechanism, market failure and
government intervention in markets
The national economy in a global context
• The measurement of macroeconomic performance
• How the macroeconomy works : the circular flow
of income, AD/AS analysis, and related concepts
• Economic performance
• Macroeconomic policy
At AS assessment is through two 1.5 hour exams. At
A-Level there are three 2 hour exams.
You are required to achieve a minimum of a grade B in mathematics at GCSE in order to access this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hitchin Girls School directly.