Maintenance Engineering Level 2 at Lowestoft College
This programme includes a variety of modules including:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining fluid power equipment
- Engineering environmental awareness
- Engineering techniques
- Engineering principles
- Engineering maintenance safety practices
- Engineering maintenance techniques
- Engineering maintenance planning
Entry requirements for this course are four GCSEs at grade C or above including maths, English and science (or an appropriate qualification at Level 1) and the ability to cope with the demands of the course. You will also have to attend an interview.
During the course you will take practical and theory lessons. In practical lessons you will work through a series of projects to develop your hands-on skills. Finally you will be expected to produce the assessment piece at the correct tolerances set by the awarding body to prove your practical skills. The theory sessions provide you with the underpinning knowledge needed to apply your skills on site. This knowledge is tested with a written exam at the end of each unit and an online exam at the end of your course.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to progress on to the Level 3 Diploma or undertake an Apprenticeship where you will be able to demonstrate the skills you have learnt and gain invaluable experience working in the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.